Wem Tennis Club is Registered as a Place to Play Tennis with the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) and is located near Wem Railway Station in the centre of Wem, adjacent to the Wem Recreation Ground and Play Area.
We have four all weather floodlit hard courts with a clubhouse alongside. Our 4th tennis court is substantially dedicated to Public Use.
Tennis is available throughout the year for all ages, either by joining the club as a Member or by Pay and Play public use. The Club offers a wide range of tennis – from social to competitive – and for all age ranges. Each Member can make their own choice as to whether they play for exercise, fun or more competitively.
In summary Wem Tennis Club’s facilities and opportunities comprise:
- 4 all weather floodlit courts
- Mini Tennis marking on 2 courts
- An “ancient”, but well loved clubhouse with limited catering and changing facilities, plus a toilet facility
- Active Junior and Adult sections
- Access to professional Coaching through our partnership with Inspire2Coach
- Club nights and club competitions for various levels of ability
- Full Membership of the Club or occasional public use by use of Pay and Play
- Countywide competitive team tennis through Tennis Shropshire
- Full Members can become LTA British Tennis Members (BTM’s) free of charge (normally £25), with access to the Club’s Wimbledon Tickets Draw, for any tickets that we might be awarded for sale by the LTA. The more Club Members who become BTM’s and who Opt in to the LTA’s Wimbledon Draw – then the more tickets the Club may be allocated
- The Club is a constituent body of Wem Sports & Social Association –(registered charity number 522583)
- The Club has Community Amateur Sports Club Status (CASC) with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)